View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #128
jpetro
JPetro

Drives: 02 Sunfire
Those numbers seem a little low, but if that what he wants good luck. Every test I seen has been over 600rwhp, Edmunds test was at 603rwhp and that was with stock exhaust and a conservative tune I believe. I want to break that 631, maybe go for 8.5psi. I've talked to Vortech techs and others and they all say the 630 range should be no problem especially with headers and a good aftermarket exhaust. Heck they back it with a 3/36 warranty, they should know what their talking about. 631 got his baby up to 186mph in 5th and has over 18,000 on it. V3 is good for 750 at the fly, I know when I get mine done which should be just about sea level if I don't get 635rw I will definitely have whomever I have doing it on the phone to get it there before I sign the check. At $7,000+ for system and install I want to see the hp. If I take care of it and do all the fluid changes I expect to get the miles out of it. In the Northeast I doubt I will find some stretch to safely get to 186 but I had my Chevelle to 150 before the front end started to get light. I really think that GM took their time with the L99 and I have total faith that it will hold up and handle the increase psi. I have never gotten less the 225,000 out of every GM engine I owned, if I get 150 to 175 out of this I will be totally happy. Than again I could find myself buying a new engine after 3 years, but I'll have fun with for the 3/36.

Soon to oun a 2SS/RS Silver Ice with a chrome snail thing under hood, Pedders Sport, Hawk pads, ARH exhust system. Spring project: Pedders Coil overs and Brake package tba
jpetro is offline   Reply With Quote