View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #135
jpetro
JPetro

Drives: 02 Sunfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hello Jpetro, I know your excited and have been doing a ton of research so I would like to clear a few things up for you,

In order to qualify for the 3/36 Powertrain Warrantee the system must be installed as delivered from Vortech, with Vortechs Soft Tuning, NO headers, NO Custom Tuning, and NO pulley change, No Camshaft etc, and starts at the date of Purchase Of the CAR not the supercharger.

These cars DON'T make 631 RWHP on 7.5 PSI boost on Pump gas.

At sea level at 7.5 psi with headers and custom tuning I would expect to see 550-580 RWHP on an otherwise stock LS3.

It will take 9-10 PSI to make over 600 RWHP, NOT Safe on PUMP GAS.

Now combine that with a Cam and that is a whole other subject 650 should be within reach but no guarantees.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me, I would be happy to help you choose the components to reach your goal.

Ted.
I stand Corrected

I was wrong. The other car had headers and other mods which would account for the increase in RWHP. I found a copy of the Vortech warranty and think that this would be of benifit to other members:

"EXCLUDED USES WHICH CAUSE THIS WARRANTY TO BE VOID:
1. Use of the Vehicle for any commercial purpose or in the commission of a crime or infraction; 2. All diesel applications; 3. Installation of a lift kit
and/or oversized tires and/or wheels on the Vehicle; 4. Installation or use of headers, pulley(ies), camshaft, bolt-on performance enhancement parts, or
nitrous oxide systems on the Vehicle, unless sold by Vortech for use in connection with the Kit, or approved in writing by the Administrator, after it has
obtained the consent of Vortech, for use on the specific Vehicle identified in this Warranty; 5. Participation in, or the preparation of the Vehicle for,
racing or other competitive activities; 6. The removal or modification of Kit components without the express written permission of the Administrator, after
it has obtained consent by Vortech. 7. Covered Components have been tampered with or altered after the original engine installation. All risk of such
damages cause by alterations and tampering are solely with You. 8. If the Vehicle's data recorders, or any other evidence, indicates that the Vehicle's
transmission exceeds or exceeded the maximum OEM torque output; 9. Damages caused by continued operation of an impaired vehicle and Covered
Components driven to destruction. It is Your sole responsibility to use all necessary precautions to protect the Vehicle from further damage if the
Vehicle's operation is impaired. Continued operation of an impaired Vehicle after any type of mechanical failure constitutes failure to protect the
Vehicle from any further damage, is negligence by the Owner or driver of the Vehicle, and voids the Warranty."

Thank you Ted for your information and post. Maybe you can help me and other members following this thread with this. I found this on Vortech's own site in the "Customer Support" section called "Frequently Asked Questions"

Will a Vortech supercharger system void my factory warranty?

The installation of Vortech products, except those defined as "for racing use only" do not void the new vehicle warranty nor should they cause the vehicle to fail emissions tests. Notify the vehicle manufacturer if either of these situations occur. If the vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, you may contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. Additional information is available at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) website www.sema.org.

The way I read this, and I could be wrong, is that installing a Vortech V3 "will not" void the GM drive train warranty. Since you are a Top Installer is this correct?

Soon to oun a 2SS/RS Silver Ice with a chrome snail thing under hood, Pedders Sport, Hawk pads, ARH exhust system. Spring project: Pedders Coil overs and Brake package tba
jpetro is offline   Reply With Quote