View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #154
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
The telemetry is a traction circle. green is acceleration (go), red is braking (stop) and blue is lateral acceleration If you are outside the circle you would likely be experiencing slippage of the tires. The fact that he is not deep into the green in certain parts of the track isn't necessarily because he doesn't floor the gas pedal or isn't on it hard. I believe it has more to do with how fast he iis accelerating at the time. When you floor it at 50 mph its going to accelerate a lot faster than when you floor it at 100. I think that is more likely what you are seeing rather than him not giving it full throttle.
It would be nice to know whether that was actually a throttle/brake input rather than the actual 'G reading of the car itself. I understand where you're coming from, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
I believe the circle represents 1G of acceleration. The location of the dot represents the sum of acceleration at that moment in time. This may seem to indicate the grip limit of the tires but only by coincidence. If the dot is straight up or down there is no lateral acceleration. A combination of acceleration or deceleration while turning causes the dot to go off center. I think the colors indicate driver inputs - red = braking, blue = steering, etc. The darker the color, the more input to the driver control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGP5X View Post
Just maybe they are not showing all there cards yet. Plus the gaurd rails there are really close to the track one mistake and the car is toast. He had some pretty good corner speeds for a heavy car. I think he left some on the table though.
I completely agree! It'd be pretty embarassing to drive that car right off the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Tell that to the Viper ACR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
A professional driver with 40 laps around the track... I am sure he got the best time out of it he could. At the cost to go run the car GM is not going to put a subpar number out there if they know they can beat it. These runs are stock factory cars so you are seeing the limits of the car. The ZL1 will never compete with the ZR1 around the Ring simply due to aerodynamics. Sorry but the Camaro is a big blocky car and not really made to track. Its more of a drag car if anything... but it still put some respectable numbers down. I have been watching these Ring runs for a while since I am a former Viper owner. I hate seeing the "what ifs" starting to fly... and it always happens. Bottom line is its a factory car (no tune, no upgraded tires... just the way you buy it off the showroom floor) and they will have a first class driver. Sure they may get a second or two more out of it... but not 20 seconds to get it close to the ZR1.... or 30+ to get it near the Viper ACR.
There's no way I'm suggesting the improvement you're suggesting I am. I thank you for clarifying where you're loyaties lie, though...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote