View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #94
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
1. No.....4300k is what is OEM and it actually has a slight yellow tint to it. The 5000k have an ever, I mean ever, so slight blue to them. Most people would not look at them and say they are aftermarket. With 6000k and especially 8000k you can definately see the blue. I prefer 5000k personally.

2. I can't answer this one.

3. These aren't exactly the same as 5000k but are real close. Close enough to use. You won't really get the colors to match until you go with a true HID in the fog light. Those are what I ended up using and I'm a little picky about matching the colors. Just know they aren't an exact match and you'll be good with them. Only you or someone that has dealt with aftermarket lights would even notice. 99% will say they match.

4. Not sure if I understand or know how to answer this one. Most OEM fog have a black trim ring and chrome housing. But to make it all match you might paint the housing black. I would try the chrome housing first and go back and paint the fogs later if you decide to. They are not hard to get in/out once you learn how.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote