View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #23
GmPartsDirect.com
Account Suspended

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunihiro View Post
If no one minds, I do have a question. Although I've never purchased any items from this company, I have used another company with a "similar" name.net, that doesn't have a referencing telephone number to speak with a live person, vs. communicating via e-mail.

Is there some underlying business reason, why companies don't post business telephone numbers so that we, the consumer, can actually speak with a live person to discuss any concerns or questions vs. waiting a certain amount of time to receive an electronic response?

Yes, I do agree with doing the research before buying, but it does make me a little apprehensive doing business with a company which communicates, via e-mail only.

As a matter of fact, there is a sponsor on this board which doesn't post their address, so before making a purchase, I e-mailed them asking for additional information and an address. They promptly responded with a good telephone number and working address. Needless to say, I felt very comfortable making a purchase. If you're wondering, the company was "Showstoppers."

I'm not taking a side one way or another with the company in question here, just asking a question.

I do not own a business,, so if someone could possibly educate me on this, I would appreciate it.

Allen K.
Hello Allen,

Thank you for your questions, I can not speak for all businesses, but we (GmPartsDirect.com) only communicate via email, as it has helped us cut our overhead cost, so we have passed these savings along to you. We sell genuine GM parts at our cost, plus a percentage for shipping and handling.

When an email is sent to us, it is answered by a live person here at our facility. I will agree with you, no one wants to wait for an extended amount of time to receive a response to a question. We have hired additional techs to help ensure a timely response is sent to you.

Thank you,

Scott T.
GmPartsDirect.com Manager
GmPartsDirect.com is offline   Reply With Quote