View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
flowmann

Drives: 1972 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
So I just got a 2011 Camaro LT with RS package about a week ago and got the warranty that pretty much included everything under the sun. I'm contemplating doing a Straight Pipe on it and I need some advice.

Ive looked at youtube videos after videos with few of them actually doing the straight piping on the exhaust for the v6. And since the sound quality on youtube is only so good I'm coming to you guys. Price wise it seems like this is the cheapest to do at a mechanic. But in your opinion how does it sound? Will i gain any HP? Which part(s) of the warranty will be voided for doing this? Is it reversable if I do so; as in could I put another exhaust on it if need be later down the road.

Any and all advice would definitely be appreciated!!

Here is an example of one of the videos i found of straight piping the v6. No need to tell me of the idiocy of the person in the videos choice of location.

FaytalsCamaro – We have heard a few people who have gone with straight pipes on their V6 and V8 Camaros and changed the system within days. Installing straight pipes on a V6 Camaro is most likely going to hurt your power and gas mileage (and your ears).

We have an American Thunder kit that’s easy to install at home if you’re looking to save money on the installation.

flowmann is offline   Reply With Quote