View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Keep us posted. I agree with you that's its very unlikely the taillights have anything to do with the key/power. I just recently purchased the taillights, haven't installed yet, still looking for a good install video to watch first and warmer weather. Most likely since you were working with the power connections, I'd think that may be the cause. Also, do you have a "mild to wild" switch? Instructions say to keep it in the "OFF" position if its going to be sitting awhile or it can drain the battery.

Have you called/talked to a tech at your dealership service dept? Had mine in a week or so ago to get my warranty tire and new rim installed. I noticed that when the tech was finished he did something that had the lights, all I could see was the back end of my car, flashing in some odd/irregular mode and the horn sounded as well. He wasn't in the car when he did this, so I should of asked him "what the heck was that" but forgot about it when he later handed me the keys. And no it wasn't the alarm. Anyway this could be an on-going problem with Chevy vehicles from what other comments/responses people have posted.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote