View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #22
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Let me get this right, to get a very lean deal and earn your business they had to pay a couple of drivers' to fetch an unseen car over 100 miles away. They offered to fix scratches that the driver was ok with and gave you more finacial consideration. Are you sure that a loud, angry display in the sales area
BEFORE your new baby comes in is the best way to ensure first class treatment by the ba$ta*rds who went out of their ways to ruin your first buying experience?
Sorry for the late response, I lost track of this thread. The sales manager was brother in law of the other dealers salesman and they knew the car had over 100 miles on the odo and scratchs that they didn't disclose to me.They told me car would have about 180 miles on it from trip up plus or minus 18 normal new car miles after delivery. The car had over 300 miles on it when I took delivery. They said they were parade miles, not test drive or an unwind deal miles. Thats a long parade route. So my problem was with the failure to disclose this info. Also, I have bought and sold many used corvettes, "this was my first new one" and you may not be familar with services like Carfax, but they trace repairs and services done on cars. If I would have had this repaired it would have shown up on such a report and had a negative impact on potential future resale of this car. I would never mislead someone on the condition but felt it would be easier to explain the scratchs than a trip to the bodyshop. In summary, I felt they were selling me a used car at a new car price. I would have been upset if this was a ten dollar Toaster, the fact that it was a nearly fifty thousand dollar car.? Yea, I was real loud and angry. If this wouldn't have been a problem for you and your interested in buying my vette at some point in the future, I hope you will make a point of keeping in touch with me!

Last edited by dbotsfordtat; 01-11-2009 at 07:00 PM.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote