View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #13753
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Some state legislator that thinks it helps as a reflective device on a car with headlamps off that will help law enforcement.
In Ontario, we now have patrol cars equipped with License Plate Readers (patented in 1984?) that immediately scan a plate (fronts especially!), pulls up the owner info/history, any want 'n warrants, AND CONFIRMS WHETHER THE VEHICLE HAS VALID INSURANCE!! Anything out of order gets the driver a roadside consultation...

Did I mention 1984?

Maybe, with NSA and Patriot Act and everything else, MI is getting ready for something similar. All that potential indirect taxation can't be a bad thing...

P.S. I agree with the insurance confirmation, but don't get caught taking your winter-stored car for a warm-up lap, mid-winter!!! Up to $10,000 FINE if no road coverage! When I drop road coverage at storage time, I get a letter, within two weeks, from the Ministry of Transportation advising me of my lack of coverage and "Do NOT get caught on the road with this vehicle" sort of verbiage... You're just a "scan 'n BEEEEEP!" away from serious financial harm.

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 10-26-2013 at 09:35 PM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote