View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
did it on my black 300c with no issues.. no scratches, no problems, of course the hose were wet and it is a very light touch, not man handling it and scraping the crap outta the car..

I'm to old and too disabled to deal with it now, just pay a detailer to do it, but as I said, never had an issue, never saw any scratches in black paint...
Yup, I believe you when you say it didn't scratch. Just saying I personally would never do it

Still, WD-40 is in my opinion, a way too aggressive of a starting point. Always start with the least aggressive method, ie bug and tar remover or a waterless wash or normal soap and water

My method is
1) If soap and water didn't work then go to number 2
2) If bug and tar remover didn't work then go to number 3
3) If WD-40 doesn't work, you might be dealing with permanent etches. Go to number 4
4) Compounding and polishing. If this didn't work, you need a repaint.
5) Repaint.

On my car, I've never had to go past category 2, but I have of course seen cars that will no doubt need a repaint, as they are not salvageable.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote