View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
I think most of us understand being overprotective and anal about your car; most of us are too! But...I think what some of us are trying to say in as helpful way as possible, is that these issues may not really be issues...they may actually be perfectly normal. It is normal for a car with an automatic transmission to lurch forward a little when you put it in gear. Every one I've ever driven does that. Maybe yours is doing it MORE than normal, I wouldn't know since I'm not there, but maybe your expectation isn't quite lined up with reality. A certain amount of squeaking from the brakes is also normal due to the metallic pads being used. If your expectation is that the brakes are 100% silent at all times, then your expectation may be the issue. If on the other hand you understand some noise but they are constantly making noises or the noises are very loud, maybe there is an issue. But for both of these things, try to understand the dealer's point of view...you're complaining of two things which are fully expected to them. If you can't demonstrate how it's worse than "normal" then I think it's to be expected that they don't take any further action.

Again not trying to tick you off, just trying to help you enjoy your car!