View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Any fluid cooler should work - you just have to tap into the line and find somewhere to mount it. For example, I bought the B&M SuperCooler for my 4L60e on my '94 Camaro. On the 4th gen Camaro, the trans fluid flows through the radiator to help cool it down. I tapped into the line coming out of the radiator and put the B&M SuperCooler in that line. That way the trans fluid comes out of the transmission, into the radiator to help cool it down a little, and then through the B&M SuperCooler to more efficiently cool it down - it then goes back into the transmission. Mount it out of the way and you're good to go.

Ok, got it. A B&M SuperCooler for around $60-85 sounds reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
Front mount would be the way to go. not to much room with the intercooler hogging most of the sapce. I plan on mounting under the frame. tie into the line leaving the radiator (long stainless line). the most I seen on a hot day is about 190*. Stop and go traffic, on the big parking lot I805.
LOL I hear ya. Try to 405 or 605 around 4:30pm. If I'm not out of LA by 3:30pm going East I just pull over and have dinner and a beer.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote