View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #4912
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
If you see yourself still owning this car in four years, go forged, if you see yourself in a 6th gen, go stock.

I see myself in this one. Rather than a car note I'd prefer to keep this one up with that money. But I can't be sure. Depends on the 6th Gen. If it's the rumored one that is floating around I'll def. be keeping this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
The engine block is aluminum. Small cast iron parts could be piston ring fragments, lifter bits and pieces, cam material, crankshaft material, oil pump material, etc. Not the block or heads, though.
Hmmmm, maybe I said cast meaning something else. It looks like the part of the block that it broken out in the oil valley. I'll get good pics as I can this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
That's why I like oil analysis, may not tell you why, but definitely tells you what is deteriorating. Great diagnostic tool.
Well we don't have a place here. I'll have to find one to send mine to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
Well, you have it torn down this far. Take out the cam and look at the bearing mate sections.
SHOULD get there tonight. Though I would last night but keep running in to problems and little time. Up early and off to the office then get off at 7:30 to 8:00 and usually don't get home and out to the garage by 9 or 10 with errands and the kids stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
+1. I use it all the time for automatic transmission failure analysis. It's a required tool.
Only oil I have that is in mixed with other is from the filter. And not much of it. Like an ounce.