View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #25
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
now see, I agree with you 100%, but I've heard that the maintinance deal was opposite what you say...not questioning you, just the facts...

And not for anything, but in a drag - wouldn't a supercharger (against a turbo with same boost) win 90% of the time...that whole instant power thing...

yeah the turbo requires maint. thats why when you find one for cheap on ebay in small print it will say "needs rebuild, or replace internals" roots blower usually doesn't require any oil pan replacement or tapping and, the supplied blower is self-contained and retains OEM-level reliability All engine tuning has been completed in-house and there is no need for you to do any tweaking or tuning on your own. so nearly maint. free.

as for a drag between SC and turbo. Ill always favor the blower...but at the same time there are a lot of variables with turbos and you might find yourself bitting off more than you can chew. blowers do have the "instant power thing on its side" its like displacement on demand. blowers will always shovel the same amount of air relative to the engine, even low in the rev range. Its like a low RPM response. turbos do have a boost threshold that people incorrectly call turbo lag, which dosent help in a drag. but if your pockets are deep enough banks has a turbo that nearly eliminates it...nearly. Ive seen a 69 camaro w/ top of the line blower beat a 800 hp twin turbo supra.
I know a guy in chicago with a 06 nissan fairlady with a stillen stage 4 blower that will destroy nearly everything out there.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote