View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I am trying to figure out what supercharger I should go with and every time I think I have one picked out I hear something negative that makes me second guess myself. I know I don't want turbos, just not a fan of turbo lag so turbo fans enjoy, but not for me. What are positives and negatives of SLP's, Whipple's, Magnachargers, and Edelbrock's kits? Which posts more power, if any over the other? Do any really require aftermarket pieces to operate and not destroy the engine, transmission, and/or rear end? Also, how about tech support? If I screw something up or something breaks, who has the best service to get me back on the road scaring little children and angering old people sooner? Finally, who has the best bang for the buck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
+1

I'm in the same boat!

Subscribed
Yes Sir Imagine that there are so many Charger kits and they are ALL So Good it makes the Decision Harder than ever.

I suppose it is human nature to look for negatives and let them outweigh the Positives.

People will point out what they don't like and try and convince you to go with what they have or like.

Honestly there are NO Real Negatives to Any of them, you have to Decide Which One you Like Best.

We have installed and Tuned every Charger Kit on the Market Multiple times and have nothing bad to say about any of them.

One thing you have to get straight is 8 PSI of Boost Is 8 PSI of boost and will make the same Power regardless of which brand you choose.

Centrirugal and PD blowers have different Boost Curves which separates them in the Lower RPM Ranges.

The PD blowers always Feel Stronger around town which is where the Majority of People Enjoy They're Cars.

These Cars are Heavy and Benefit from the Big Low End torque to get them moving.

A Drag Race and Road Race Applications can Benefit from the Stronger Top End and efficiency of a Centrifugal Supercharger and the Air To Air intercoolers.

Again More Tough Choices

When it comes to the PD choices SLP, Magnacharger, Edelbrock are all 2300s the Whipple is 2900 so it has more Potential for big power and future Growth,

The Whipple when spun slow for 8 psi boost applications lacks low end torque compared to the 2300 spinning a little faster to make the same 8 psi boost.

The 2300 will make 8 psi at 2200 rpm and the Whipple will make it at 3200 rpm for comparison.

At 8 PSI with Headers and CAI, any of the blowers will make 560 RWHP on LS3 and 505 RWHP on L99s,

The stock drivetrain parts handles this power Very well until you start Racing, then small upgrades are recommended starting in the Rear with suspension and axles.

I put together Tuner Packages with ONLY The Parts you need to complete your Build, and Supply the necessary Custom JRE Tuning Via the SCT X3 to make it all work correctly.

You do the Logging, I do the tuning and you get a Perfect Package.

JRE supports you after the Sale with full tech support, Parts and advice.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote