View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokum View Post
Keislers ss700 was suppose to be the holy grail of overdrives for old musclecars. They are suppose to shift at high rpm etc etc etc. I waited 2 years to never get one. I gave up and bought a new muncie and a gear vendor overdrive. Love it and with the wide open shift into overdrive at any time. Nice even 22% split. Take off with the nitrous on in first. Hit overdrive which is like 2nd gear. Shift to 2nd like third and third like fourth and have a .8 fifth. They do make an overdrive model of the new muncie. It is like a 3 speed manual with overdrive 4th.
That sounds like a sweet setup, but don't you have a lot of coin in it? I'd just like to have a nice shifting 5-Speed for my '69. Something that would handle about 500hp on slicks and have about a .7 to 1 5th gear. My car has a 4.10 12 bolt in it. I always thought a TKO 600 would be perfect, until I read some complaints about them not wanting to shift at high RPM. But a lot of other people claim that they've never had any problem. I've thought about putting a T56 in it, but I don't really need the double overdrive.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote