View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #91
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Does this "moderately revised" interior reflect the big redesign that was discussed awhile ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Its not a Z, its a Berlinetta

As i have said before...i think its success will have a great deal to do with its price tag. I want one, but wont sacrifice my 67 to get it. I have been driving Chevys since 1983 and would love to continue if price and value are there.
I hope not. I LOVE this interior! Whatever comes of the update - I hope it only improves on it and isn't cookie cutter, like many others out there. I hope it's as striking as the exterior of the car, because I think it is striking as it is now.

JMVHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
In the short term true, they will have to up their game, and then GM in turn will up their game again, so goes the competition so we still all win (as consumers) I'm just glad GM is always in the lead hahaa. (IMHO of course)
I just hope it's far enough that the pony doesn't catch right up the next year. I hope the dominance has staying power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
As I just mentioned in another post - everything the team does is scrutinized......in all my years, I've never seen such passion (other than perhaps the Corvette team) for the product. We are custodians of the brand and we take this responsibility very seriously.

I see the minute details that Al and the Engineering group work thru -- taking as much time as necessary - so that the car will be right and that it will be something you can be immeasurably proud of.

Many years ago - all manufacturers 'just assembled it' - and the result wasn't acceptable.

This is a thread that is going to be very visible - and so I say to you that no matter what the car is called -- some will love it - others will not. I'm just hopeful that once the car hits the streets, people will come together over whatever nameplate is used - and know that the Camaro Team put their everything into this great automobile.

One last thing: We are in the 21st century. CAFE for 2016 is 35.5mpg for the fleet - that includes Suburbans and Impalas and Silverados -- and the Administration in Washington is talking about raising CAFE to greater than 50mpg by 2021........

..........so anyone thinking that there will be a high performance V8 for a very inexpensive price - is going to be disappointed.

That said: The Camaro is still a Chevrolet -meaning that it will give more value than expected.

Let the discussion continue!

I know I'm going to be the proudest driver in my area when I get mine! Those details show, IMO. When I read articles that complain about vision being blocked, or that rubbish, I think that I don't see another car on the road with as much character as CAMARO. I see a car that is moving forward, and doesn't have it's rear tires stuck in the mud, 10 years earlier. IRS, super-solid body, efficient powertrains, and the lot show the dedication put into this car, and to think the passion is still there and that CAMARO is only going to get even better makes me even more excited!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote