View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalloser86 View Post
Hey there,

New to the forum and I currently do not own a Camaro. My truck will be paid off around the time the ZL1 will be available. Im having a dellima about what to do when It comes time to get some Chevy muscle. Should I get an SS and have it upgraded by Hennessey or go with the new ZL1. What are the pros and cons of each and why is it so hard to come by some pricing on the Hennessy upgrade kits? Any idea on how much an HPE600 kit costs? What would be the biggest bang for my buck? A Hennessy kit or the ZL1? HELP PLEASE!!! Ready to buy in February 2012.
There is a lot to consider...you can certainly buy a 2SS and modify it enough to eat the lunch of the ZL1 (as currently advertised) and probably about the same money.

Example: Camaro 2SS -------------------------36K
Stroker/blower with cam, clutch,fuel--20K
Suspension/drivetrain upgrades------- 7K
Wheels----------------------------- 5K

The downside of this is that there is very little resell for your mods, no warranty.

Hennessey--you will get some resell value but very narrow market for buyers (especially after the ZL1). Cost is more if you want the clutch, suspension wheels and drivetrain upgrades---and trust me...you will!

With the ZL1 you get stock upgraded suspension/drivetrain/wheels, modest supercharger with decent power (roughly 470hp to the wheels) and a warranty at a fair price...and will resale as a ZL1

I would have condsidered the ZL1 if they would have forged the internals, put a bigger supercharger on it...still for a production car it still blows the SS away....and folks will mod this car too...probably including Hennessey
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote