View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #346
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
This doesn't make sense to me! If an LS3 makes as much power as an LS7 BUT with supercharges, wouldn't a LS7 make more power with superchargers? If so why would the GM engineers discontinue the LS7?
Also, from what I understand the ZL1 has the LS3, just as the SS has it, with the exception of the supercharger. Shouldn't the ZL1 should have had the LS7 from the beginning?

Gosh! So many questions.. I'm going to read the threads mentioned below to see if that clears up things a bit.

By the way, I'm not like many of you that are die hard Chevrolet/GM fans, although I do respect and admire you all! So I don't know much about the history, or the reasons behind whatever they are doing. (but I am learning more about it!)
The ZL1 has the LSA not the LS3. The LSA motor is designed to handle the rigors of Forced Induction(FI) The LS7 has a higher displacement (427 c.i.) and is a motor that is geared towards being naturally aspirated, and from what I understand is a common engine used for road course racing since it can rev at higher speeds and not suffer from heat soak and loss of power like a FI engine can.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote