View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
TH SS Vert

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
Levi,

I cant speak about the AGP kit, mainly because I have no physical knowledge of it, nor have I read any press other then the thread in this section.

I will of course speak about our "entry" kit.

Our entry kit is the same as the competition kit, less just a few details, mainly components (example non SS tial turbine housings). We are releasing the kit with some custom silicone IC adapters similar to what you may have seen in photos from AGP, I have these here but cant release photos just yet until the press kit comes out.

We use REAL garrett turbos, no knock offs, no imitations, the best, durable OEM grade turbos. Yes they are not ball bearing but we did quite a bit of dynamic analysis on the turbo sizing for the application range intended on the kit and these turbos will spool fast and create peak torque very well and hold power. BB are nice to have, but they come with a cost of course and there is a relative marginal benefit which is the consumers decision. And as a caveat to specing these turbos properly we do not have to have a overly large intercooler (comparing the AGP photos I have seen, its seems large for 6-8 psi...again though I dont know about it other then a cell phone pic). I worry the agp being that "long/tall" with the end tank design the air flow across the whole intercooler would not be that great in other words the air would have some flow/pressure differences across it and not cool the charge as "efficiently", yes it would have a fair air charge I am sure but big for the sake of big can have its issues especially at lower air speeds (boost). ( disclaimer I do not know any "real" results this is just educated speculation about their system ). Our kit produces consistent air inlet temps around ambient or with in 15 degrees of ambient even on these 80+ degree days, this is why we make good power, tuners appreciate this. We have several clients with the base intercooler in the 800 hp range, so its got some room for you to grow.

As for the components and materials of our system, we control as much as we can. All the metal is USA grade, fabricated here in house, guaranteed by IPS. The hoses lines fittings we use are all very high grade, no push lock hard ware store stuff here for the sake of compromising quality. We control all the finishing options right here in the shop, and the lead times for them, which is great.

I believe this kit is just flat out the best money you can spend to make the 600 (auto) to 645 (6speed) on a bone stock engine. You would be hard pressed to spend less to make more with all the benefits of drivablity and ease of the system. I know this isn't comparing kits, but just a general pitch lol. Oh and there is room to go higher HP with the entry turbos, this is not all they will make

Just let me know if there are more specifics, I am back "trolling" this forum more regularly and will answer all questions / concerns.
Brandon--since I have your entry level kit with the 6-speed, how far do you think these turbos could be pushed on the stock cubic inches? 800 rwhp? I'm sure you know that I'm at between 9-10 lbs of boost. I wonder how far they can be pushed before they're out of their efficiency range. By the way, the car is awesome! Thanks!

Mark
10 lbs of boost
TH SS Vert is offline   Reply With Quote