View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #26
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
The Ford GT is an interesting case. They made a lot of them as far as limited production goes, over 4,000. And while the MSRP was $150k, very few sold for under $200k, some of them sold for over $250k.

Today, you can pick them up for $150-$250k based on latest Ebay SOLD prices. Hence, some people could have lost money on them.

So even they aren't necessarily collectible.

I would not be surprised if they go back under MSRP in the future due to the high production numbers. Very few modern cars ever become collectible.
I think more people bought Ford GTs and locked them away than almost any other car I've seen. I realize the Z/28 isn't comparable at half the MSRP (far less than half if inflation-adjusted), and I believe that a much higher percentage of Z/28s will be driven.

Though a lot have folks have speculated that most Z/28s will become garage queens, I disagree. I believe that it will be something closer to 75/25 -- 75% of owners will drive, use, and enjoy their Z/28s, while a quarter of owners will lock them away. How could you own one and resist the temptation to drive it?!?