View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #442
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachDad View Post
Anyone recommend a compromise between performance and quiet? I am going to install Kooks LT headers. But we do a lot of travelling in my 2010 Camaro. I don't want to spend 10 hours in a car fighting to hear the radio or the wife.

I know I am being selfish. I want more Horses but I want it as quiet as possible at the same time.
My 2.5" GHL mufflers are advertised as having no drone. I plan to put them at the end of an LG Motorsports 1 7/8" long tubes, high flow cats, full 3" h piped exhaust. The exhaust should cool a tad by the time it hits the 3" - 2.5" reducers for the mufflers, thus not needing the volume. The system should handle up to 650 HP at the wheels before the mufflers become a problem. 500 RWHP is my long term goal. The exhaust should get me toward the 400 mark with the tune Anthony at LG Motorsports puts in it.

I'm told the GHLs are quiet until you want them not to be. Like you, I want quiet until I floor it.

I AM buying the laptop tune setup from LGM to return the car to stock should I need warranty work. With only 750 miles on it, there's still time for something to go wrong. Having the ability to return to a stock tune should avoid any warranty problems as Anthony is a master tuner and he will not harm the motor. The only warranty problem I might run into is driveline. More power is an easy cop out for voiding driveline warranty problems. I'm gonna bribe the LGM guys with lunch if they install my BMR rear trailing arms when they put in my exhaust. I'm a disabled vet that was run over by a car in a Walmart crosswalk while pushing my shopping cart back in September. I can't do the physical stuff anymore. Maybe someday I'll get a nice settlement check, but that will probably take a couple of years. I'm still working on my VA disability....THAT takes forever.

Last edited by Snidely Whiplash; 02-16-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote