View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #43
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Hi Mike,
On my Camaro, I want to follow you guys and drop wheel/tire size down to (Probably - 19" wheels with 305/30ZR19 all the way around) for track tires. I am going to hold off until Pedders finishes development on the track suspension and put that whole KIT on my Camaro over the winter when the kit is ready. My Goal is to make this car handle as best I can for use in SCCA SOLOII and select road racing events - still keeping it street legal - hopefully with the 20" RS/SS stock tire/wheel combination for the street.

I will swap the race tires with the street tires and vice-versa depending where I want to drive (hopefully I can do this - the wheel sensors and TPMS, I assume, will need to be re-calibrated) when switching tire/wheel sets.

I was able to do this Tire/rim swap method with My 2005 corvette. One set of mounted tires for track, one set mounted for street. (all were 19" and the track tires were close to the street sizes).

Any Idea if I can do this effectively?

I also have a couple of questions for you RE: camber plates and pillow ball bearings for the camaro. Are these going to be able to be built for the camaro? Will they be part of the track Kit once done?
One of the other things that we are doing is to put a 3.45 gear in the back end as well.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote