View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partlow View Post
Thank you very much! I read that before I just didn't want to commit to that with a "memory". So the leather seats are the only thing keeping it from a 2SS as mentioned before.

Thanks again
Well, that's probably the biggest thing but you don't have the things mentioned....leather seats, heated seats, guage package, ambient door lights, BA stereo, USB, cargo net.

Thing is that the 2SS was close to a $3k upgrade new. Not that you would see a $3k difference used but you would surely see $1,500 or maybe more for a difference. That means if '10 2SS are going for around $28k then the 1SS is going to be about $26.5 in price.

One other thing you're going to have to keep in mind. A majority of people want an RS and they also want HUD. Both of which you don't have. Those are going to be selling points or in your case the lack there of.

I know of someone that was looking this last weekend and found a CRM '12 2SS/RS Camaro with about 6k miles on it. He got them down to the $28.5 at a dealership.

As for a dealer giving you that kind of a trade in....trust me, they will make up their money. That will probably come in the cost of the new car you would be buying.

Like I said, I would love to see you get even $29k for yours. That means mine would be worth a couple thousand more. Since I only paid $31.5 for mine brand new that would be awesome for me.....not that I'm looking to sell mine any time soon. I'm just glad to see the values hanging in there.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote