View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
slicktempo

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGOODWRENCH3 View Post
The pads pictured here are from Brake Performance. They do come with the "Roller Skates" The Hawk pads do not. I am happy with the braking performance, no noise and minimal dust.

I chose the Black Zinc because it will look better for the long term. Yes the area where the pad contacts the rotor will wear off but the rest of the rotor will look good. Here is a before and after.

Before, stock rotors. Rusty hubs, studs, and rotor faces.

After. I cleaned and painted the hubs and studs. New Brake Performance Rotors installed.

Thanks for posting. I'm relieved to see that the brake pads from brakeperformance.com have the counter-weights. My front pads are due soon and I wanted to find ones with the weights. Which pads do you have? How is the noise, dust and initial bite? Are they fairly predictable? How were they compared to the Hawk pads?

OP, I haven't had any issues with my Brake Performance slotted rotors and would recommend them especially for the price. Usually also do a few canyon runs/drives and as long as you maintain them properly (cool down period) I don't see them going anywhere.
slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote