View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Personally I like the looks of JDP's lines. To me that's what stainless lines should look like. You never really see them though unless you're under the car working on something. Mine are black (just happen to come that way) but I never see them. Personally I don't see the need to look for a specific color over buying a good line for a good price.....just me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
firmer brake pedal feel over stock rubber brake lines.
And, if you road race or Auto-x you'll really feel the squish of a rubber line when your brake fluid starts heating up. Stainless lines will keep the brake line from expanding when you jam on the brakes when the fluid is hot. As you can imagine with rubber the hot fluid will really make it expand and thus have less pressure when you really need it.

BTW: those upgrading your lines might has well step up to DOT 4 fluid while you're at it. You've got to bleed the brakes anyway.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote