View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I generally try not to ask a dealer any questions regarding the Camaro.

My local dealer feels they are going to be extremely hard to get in the beginning (he's probably right on that point). He even said at one point they were going to cancel the new Camaro... I just smiled and nodded knowing this wasn't true.

Another dealer (where I will probably end up getting it) did say it would probably be hard to get something off the lot. But also said they are having the same problem with the Malibu when people want something in particular that isn't on the lot. He said, with the Camaro, he will suggest the same thing he does with the Malibu- Order It.

They are a HUGE dealership. A dealership I have dealt with in the past, and feel does offer good deals on it's vehicles (we just got the '08 Equinox Sport for $23,800 with rebates - MSRP $29,200). And that dealer's seeming confidence that they can get me one if I order made me have more confidence in them. The first (local) dealer didn't seem like he thought there was much chance of getting a Camaro even placing an order.

Also, the large dealership was VERY honest regarding knowledge of the Camaro. The manager admitted that he had more than enough to worry about at the dealership (as did the dealer) to REALLY take the time to research a vehicle that isn't even out yet. They said that I most likely DID know more than them at this point.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote