View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
You should not need the alternator or a cap. I am running a PDX4.150 to Focal KRX2 speakers in front and Polk 6x9s in the rear (these will be replaced with Focals later.) I am also running two PDX 1.1000 amps, each to it's own 12" Alpine Type R sub in a ******** box. RMS output of these amps total over 2800 watts. I have yet to see any dimming of the lights or even a twitch of the voltage gauge. I have a Current meter partially installed so I can see how much current is being drawn by the system.

This is so loud and clean that it's too loud before there is noticeable distortion and still no noticeable impact on the electrical system. Using the right power cable is a huge factor. I used 1/0 from the battery to a distribution block and same on the ground to a block. Then I used 4 gauge from the blocks to the amps keeping the lengths at a minimum. It sounds awesome with the Boston head. Can't wait to hear it with a MS-8 installed. The Focal speakers are worth every penny and so are the PDX amps.