View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #324
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I just want to be able to have my entire music collection on a single USB flash drive (and I refuse to buy an iPod). I may just pay for the part myself and install the newest one so I can have more than 2500 songs per drive. It took 4 trips to various dealerships just to get my PDIM software updated the first time and it's not worth it to me to go through that again trying to find one that will replace the module under warranty.
I hear that, the local Chevy just closed down, the closest one to me is 25+ miles away, then there are tons 50 miles out. THe one in Folsom had no clue what I was talking about, he even asked "What is a PDIM?" I just said "Oh never mind if you don't know what it is I'd rather you not do the work." He said all upset "Well the Camaro is new we have not worked on one yet." To which I said "PDIM's are in a lot of GM vehicles for several years now, you should know what it is. Have a nice day."

I may end up going this route as well, but not for a while, I am content with using my iPhone via bluetooth, my iPod works fine through the USB so it works out, it's just when others come to plug their devices in that it does not work for crap...