Thread: 1LE?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #48
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
You would use the cheapest body, which would be the LS body. A 1LE would not have fancy wheels or a spoiler (one more thing to come loose and fly off the vehicle at exceedingly high speed while cornering). If its cheaper to leave the base LS interior features...then leave them. But it would at least need a small V8 & corresponding tranny, suspension upgrades, better rear end, and better breaking.
However the LS frame can't accept a V8 as I mentioned in another post. There are physically no real differences betwen the LS body and an SS body aside from the engine cradle

The only difference between the LS and the 1LT and 1SS is the availability of certain options, the interiors are trimmed out the same, you just can't order anything on the LS. As well it doesn't have fog lights. Chck chevy.com if you don't believe me the comparison link will show you, they are all the same.

All GM would have to do to make a 1LE is to make the option code on the 1SS lock out all other options, trim it out like an LS (its all the same parts anyway), and come up with some lighter wheels that still fit over the big brakes.

GM has done it before in exactly this way, maybe for 2011 or 2012 they will do it again.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote