View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
Thumbs up Acceleration 2. What gears fit?

Hello again Camaro fanatics and those of you that are normal. I got a few more miles on it and as someone pointed out it helps to have it in first gear. It jumps real nice. It still could be a real serious hot rod with another 100 horses and a big gear. That would make it scary enough for most folks. Do not get me wrong Camaro fanatics, it will scare most people now. If you read some posts, it goes through the 1/4 in 3 gears. Thats goofy for a drag racer. This car could probably get a 411 or 430 and be fantastic at the track and still drive at 70 on the freeway. It does have a 6 speed trans. I will leave it to some techies out there to figure out the RPM's and all that stuff. Like I said before I do not need 155 or more. I want to cruise at 70 if possible and have a really sweet looking car that shits and gits without getting too radical.

Does anyone have any idea on what size gears will fit this rear end? Does it need any mods to the computer if you simply swap gears, fluids, air intake and headers. Would it be happy with those mods for the AFM? Help. Please
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote