View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 02:20 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The thing that stuck out is that GM retenion is improving. And they are about to release a bunch of new cars soon, well they are in the process of doing that now with the Malibu and the CTS. The dark days are over, and GM is still the biggest manufacturer in the world.

As a side note, some of the things that bug me about the Japanesse devotees are that they misplace the strength of the manufacturer. Toyota and Honda make great small cars: low cost, reliable, fuel efficient, and have a high resale value. But move up to midsize and large cars and all of a sudden, GM and Ford are more reliable than Company T and Company H, let alone the rest of the Asians, combine that with lower cost for similar repairs and you get much lower ownership costs. Plus they are often more afordable, and are nearly as fuel efficient. As far as re-sale value, leasing a car pretty much negates that anyway. Too many car buyers don't bother to do their research, instead relying upon Japanesse=Good, American=Bad. Meanwhile they can't provide examples that prove that claim. At least thats how it is with younger buyers. Older folks tends to be the opposite, American=Good, Japanesse=Bad. People, stop, shut up, and get the facts right! Then make any claims you want. Wow that feels good to say. Took a while too.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote