View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by black2010ss View Post
I never said you cant get a loan from a dealership, I said they are no longer leasing or doing smartbuys. I wasnt going to lease myself, I was just asking about it for others benefit. I was going to do a smart buy again so I have smallerpayments then refinance the balloon payment. The dealership said they were no longer leasing or doing smartbuys. Thanks for the info.
WELCOME to the site.

You said: "people on here were expecting to have one stop shopping at the dealer, its easier than going to a bank then dealer, at least for me. "
They said : you can still get financing at the dealer= one stop shopping...

I do not think anyone is tryin to beat you up on your first post, I am not seeing that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Also the vehicles they get back tend to be more beat up and trashed. This makes them sell lower in an already flooded market. It effects brand image. If your driving a leased ride you won't care about spilling coffee, eating, buring the clutch and brakes. Filling coolant with tap water, going a year without oil change etc.
The people who have leases and smartbuys have to take good care of their vehicles and keep the miles low.... because the dealer WILL make you pay penalties and or charges for damages or poor condition of the vehicle.

The reason GMAC wants out of 'leases' etc: They 'sold' full size trucks and SUVs THAT HAD A TRADITIONALLY HIGH RESALE PRICE..... now the vehicles sold in 2005 are coming back, and the residual value that was calculated at the time of the 'purchase' is no longer accurate, and dealers are stuck with BIG trucks with BIG 'trade-in' residual 'value', and the market has changed leaving the high priced smartbuy returns on the lots or cutting deeply into dealer profits.
If you 'smartbuy own' a 2005 truck and have checked the trade in price... and you happen to want to buy a Camaro??? you would be glad that you had chosen the smartbuy= you are 'guaranteed' a trade in price that you would not have a chance getting with the current market. It will help a few customers, but it will hurt dealers.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote