View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
RJBJFIRE
IAFF Local 11

Drives: 2010 HPE 550 Camaro 2SS RS, 1969 SS
Question Dirt in Paint? Anyone? Help?

Dose anyone else have dirt or metal debris under their paint and clear coat? I also have two spots that have blistered on the rear left fender. The debris under the paint is in the front right fender, right door, right rear fender, left rear fender. One or two pieces in each body panel. The one in the front PS fender I thought was a dry bug on the paint and knocked it off with my fingernail, the rest I have left in tacked. It chipped to bare metal. My dealer has gotten approval from GM to repaint the car and it is covered by warranty. I take it in the 8th of Nov. I do not know the quality of the shop they will be using or the tech that will be doing the repair. The dealer has reassured me they are using the best. I have a preferred body shop that completes all my work but GM won’t let me use them.

I am vary nervous about letting anyone paint my baby, let alone someone I have never worked with. They can’t even store it inside. Here is where I need your help… I want to cover all the bases…

What issues do you foresee with the post factory paint job?
Will this void any future warranty or coverage on the paint/body?
What can I ask for in writing before any work is done?
How do I know the clear coat is done correctly?
Will they be able to match my hood, roof, and trunk?
What can I do if I don’t think it is done correctly?

As you can tell I am not happy about this but what do I do? Thanks for any input. Check out my Profile for photos of the car and paint issues (paint pictures soon).

Thanks, Roy...
RJBJFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote