Thread: PDIM Problem?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
pkauf

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBuSSter View Post
I did a search and didn't see anybody with this problem.

I just bought a 4GB PNY FLASH drive. I dumped a few hundred MP3s on it plug it into the USB port on the car and everything worked great. The next day I pulled the FLASH drive and dumped a few hundred more songs on the drive. When I plugged it in I got the message ""no supported data was found". I pulled the drive and plugged it in again and got same message.

I plugged the drive into my computer and noticed that a few of the files were M4A files (Itunes). I went through and deleted all of these and tried it again in the car. It still didn't work.

I deleted all but one file and tried it again. This time it came up with the same message for a few seconds and then showed the USB logo and played about 1 second of the song and then switched to the FM radio.

I tried this a few more times with the same results and once while it was playing the song for 1 second I rotated the MENU/SELECT knob and the display changed to the song title and it continued to play. I was able to repeat this behavior a few more times.

I tried this on another USB FLASH drive from another manufacturer and it did the same thing. The first time I plug a new drive in it works like its suppose to. If I pull it out and plug it back in, it doesn't work. If there aren't too many files on it I can rotate the MENU/SELECT knob and sometimes I can get it to work.

I tried plugging in a third drive loaded with about 800 songs. I plugged it in and it works. I'm afaid to pull it out because I'm certain it won't work when I plug it back in.

To me this looks like a software problem but generally software doesn't break. If this is a software problem, anybody with the same version of software is likely having this same problem.

I'm ready to take it to the dealer but I'm not real confident in their ability to troubleshoot this type of problem. Has anybody else had this broblem?
I had a strange problem also when I removed the drive and added some more songs - it would play, but the display showed the wrong song and never would change. I hit the select button to get to the USB Menu. There was a "play all songs" selection (or something like that) - I selected it, and all was well. It was like it got confused when the USB stick that it had indexed before and then reindexed after the new set of songs I added (actually, I wiped it and re added all the songs) - the "play all songs" seemed to tell it to reset itself. Don't know if it will help, but give it a try.