View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #145
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The problem with DI, and the attendant development (increased c.r. etc.) is the final results are NOT mod-friendly... Witness the LLT. STILL no FI aftermarket apps (save STS) in wide usage because the BoschBox in NOT readily mod-able. Yes, a piggyback tune is a possibility, but the LLT is NOT nearly as mod-friendly as the LS...because a deviance too far in tuning in any direction, with high static compression, results in expen$ive paperweights...

Do NOT expect easy modding of the coming Gen-5 SBC...think LLT "locked-box"...
I think that is more of a market problem than a technical problem. For the most part, Cadillac owners (or Traverse owners or V6 Camaro owners or anyone else that owns an LLT) typically don't mod their cars. Yes, there are some but they represent a very small portion of the community.

Conversely, Camaro SS and Corvette owners kinda have a reputation for at least throwing some light mods on their car, like intake exhaust & tune.

Yeah, it might be harder to crack the ECU in the V6, in the same way its harder to get malware into a Mac ... but at the same time, there is way more money to be made if you can hack a PC, or in this case ... a V8, so why bother with the little guy?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote