View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #327
BurnSlowly

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT (SIM)
I just got my Camaro a few days ago and this was the first "mod" I did. Taking out the cover from the center speaker was pretty easy, it just pops off. The instructions were clear and it's much better than cutting the wire.

Now for the review.. IMO it sounds way better without it. But I think it depends on your music source and what you listen to. I listen to majority of today's modern music which includes rap, pop, acoustic etc (what a normal teenager would listen to (; ). The sound staging and bass improved & was better in my ears. Without the center speaker I can set the volume up to 30+ without distortion. But this was only when it was connected via bluetooth with my iPhone. Pandora streaming was great but not better. FM radio wasn't the best. I think I'll stick to music on my iPhone and Pandora. I also sat in all the seats of the car with the doors closed to hear the sound staging. From there I adjusted the tone. +4, 0, 0. Then for the fade front I set it at -2, then 0 for the left/right. Sounds a lot better to me!
BurnSlowly is offline   Reply With Quote