View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #28
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I have to say the clutch was a problem for me, too, lol It was easy enough after I killed it my first attempt at moving the car, but it just took a little familiarity, IMO.

As far as comparing SS to the GT500, I don't really consider that a fair match up, but since SS is all we have to do battle right now, then it is what it is. However, and I'm not sure how you feel about mod'ing, and since you haven't complained about the power in this post I'll address the handling, but it seems like you can save a boatload of $$$ on a 2SS, spend less than half the difference in price (between the two) on a complete chassis/suspension make over, and you'd hand a GT500 it's arse. I can't say anything about the view, because I think that's subjective and gives Camaro much of it's character, but you can change SS into a GT500 killer, so long as you don't have plans to mod' the GT500 significantly in the future. Stock-to-stock, it goes without saying the GT500 has a lot of room to grow over SS, but I don't recall your ideas about mod'ing.

It really sounds like you've already made your mind up, really. No one even knows what Z28 is going to be, but if you aren't planning on SS until '12 (your worst case senario) and are automatically discounting the chance of a '12 Z28, I'm not sure why you're posting here...
Why am I posting here? Because I like to talk. That is the point of forums, is it not? I honestly don't have any inclination of starting the types of numerous threads that start on these forums because I have absolutely no interest in them. Nevertheless - those people like to express themselves in that manner.

For me, the car choosing experience is a very important one. And therefore I have an inclination to share the thought processes going behind it. My post is the conclusion of my Z/28 journey, and as painful as some may have found it - it was more painful for my friends who have to live through this process every lunch time.

But you're right: modding the SS is a viable alternative.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote