View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I doubt they will. GM already has a contract with Pirelli for so many summer tires and they most likely have already made and shipped them. Do you really think Pirelli will allow GM to go "Hey we no longer want all these thousands of summer tires you specially made for us. Can you make us some all season tires instead and you can have all the summer tires back. Unfortunately this means that you will be stuck with them for who knows how long causing you to lose ten's of thousands of dollars." Yea I don't thank so. This isn't like some of the other things GM has changed based on our feedback where GM already had the materials available for other trims. This scenario is imo out of GM's control atm. If you want all season tires for your 20's, you're better off waiting till next MY.
GM and Pirelli like many other companies uses an on time logistics system, so those tires are not sitting in a GM warehouse waiting to be mounted. They are being produced and shipped in on a daily basis. Being that this tire is not specific to the Camaro, while doubtful, it would definitely be possible for Pirelli to change the tires they ship in if need be. On any given day GM (or whoever is doing the wheel assembly for GM) probably has 2 days worth of backlog of tires at most.

PS I absolutely agree, I NEED all seasons....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote