View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
Yep. It's been that way since it came off the truck. It always starts at 50 mph, and stops at 60 mph. After that, you can accelerate all the way to 150 mph with no issues. Back when the car was still in warranty, dealer service dept could never find the problem.
I've had many cars in my life and most of the time when I would get a shake in the steering wheel it had to do with balancing, especially if it was good to a certain speed, than a few miles per hour past that it would shake. Once you get past the harmonics it would stop. When the shop rebalanced your tires did they completely clean off the adhesive from the other weights? One shop did not do that and it drove me nuts for 2 weeks until I removed off the tires, took off the new weights and cleaned up the entire inner rim and then had them rebalanced.

It also could be that the tire is out of round as that happened to me a couple of times.

Do you get any shaking in the seat of your pants as that would indicate the rear wheels, driveshaft or a combination of both?

Have you driven someone elses car to see it the shake is there? I have a 2011 with 26K on it and I don't have any shake, but the roads out in Phoenix are smooth as glass.

Good luck with it.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote