View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #421
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556hp View Post
The magnetic ride control is absolutely fantastic on my CTS-V....but the caveat:

Changing ride height becomes a little tricky. Several have had issues when changing the height, however it might have been a supplier issue. I didn't follow their posts that closely on the other forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
That's what I've been a little worried about, however, from the images, it almost looks like Z28 has been lowered, maybe an inch, maybe a touch more, to my eye. Still - I worry about this point.

That's my main concern with this system, as I don't believe there's a way to lower the vehicle without compromising the fantastically engineered MRC system. And while I agree that the stance is better than the SS based on the available spyshots, it's not what I'd consider perfect from an aesthetics point of view.

I doubt I'll track this car much, or at all, so getting the stance just how I like is very very important to me. I planned to go with a coilover setup to achieve this, but the rumored MRC really has me second guessing what would be best. For a street machine, I'd think it would be like taking a step backwards to go with coilovers over MRC. However, getting that stance just right is very important to me so I'm not sure what I'd do.

Perhaps the MRC will be an option and then I'd have the choice of saving money with a base suspension model and upgrading to coilovers to achieve my goal? Even if that's the case, it's going to be a very tough decision.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote