View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
If you have a car in transit, meaning it's on a train headed to your dealership, your next step is to get your sales guy/dealer to tell you who the trucking company is... then, either on your own using you own suaveness or with your sales guy, call the trucking company and find out (a) how long they are taking to get cars from the yard to the lot, and (b) if they are showing any information for Vin #xxxxxx.

As it relates to item (b), the trucking company may tell you to go pound sand... mine did the first time I tried (on Tuesday) but today I took a different approach - I asked if they could help out because the DBC was providing "us" any good information. "And who are you?" they asked... "I'm [name] and I am working with [sales rep name] at [dealership name] to try and figure out what's up with Vin #xxxxxx... that darn DBC isn't giving "us" the same information twice and it occurred to "us" that if anyone would know the truth it'd be you guys...." (stroke, stroke, stroke....)

Note that I never lied to them... I never told them I was a consumer dying for information about my future car either. Had they asked me who I worked for, I'd of told them truth and the gig would have been up... but, they didn't ask because wording is everything.... hence the "us" and the "we" in the example above.

From this you are going to get a really good idea of where your car is and when the dealer might expect it... heck, you might even get some serious precision so you can conveniently be outside the rail yard fence with your camera and popcorn ready. Good luck with it and remember, honey and sugar are sweeter than piss and vinegar.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote