View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
Here's my short review of our trip to the Florida Keys, traveling from Central Florida:

* Although I removed a wealth of Love Bug carnage from the front of my car and driving on Route 1 in The Keys is fairly slow, the drive with the top down on this trip was simply amazing!

* We stayed in Islamorada but drove to Key West for an afternoon. Mile Marker "0" aside, I didn't care for Key West much, except for perhaps the art galleries. However, if you like recreational drinking, you might enjoy this Key more than my wife and I did.

* Cowboy Billy's on Duval Street in Key West has some pretty killer Mexican food.

* If you're looking for a special place to take your spouse or significant other, in The Keys check out www.cheeca.com . It's a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels in The Keys but is is 5-Star food and lodging all of the way!

* I liked The Keys so much that I don't necessarily feel compelled to fly to Hawaii anymore!

* Every other car on the road was a Mustang of some sort or another. However, my non-scientific Camaro poll found that Yellow and White Camaros were the most popular on the trip.

* As we were driving home we were past by 3 highly modified 5 Gen Camaro Coupe's running wide open on Route 1 North, outside of Miami.

* There's tons of fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and even opportunities to swim with dolphins so spend some time in or on the water during your trip!

* Islamorada Sportsman's Store has a bar and restaurant located behind it. At night you can go there watch the sun set, listen to live music, watch a guy juggle batons lit on fire, have an adult beverage or two and have a decent seafood feast there.
Sounds like a great time, nice pics!! I stayed in Key West for a week and man what a blast that was!!

I love Islamorada and Marathon as well though.....can't keep up with that mad drinking pace in Key West any more at my age.

The Camaro looks like it totally belongs in the one pic on Marathon....like it was built to live there.....LOL

I'm driving mine down to Fort Myers in July, staying at my cuz' timeshare, really looking forward to that cruise....even though it will run me around 500 bucks in gas if the prices remain where they are now. After all you only go around once in life!!

Happy motoring!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote