View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #8
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson55 View Post
How's it going everyone. Just purchased my first Camaro ever, a fully loaded 2014 RS 2LT. Yea I expect some jokes about the V6 but hey I'm 21 so it's the best I could afford. Just thought I'd introduce myself and say how excited I am to own my dream car that I've saved up for since I was 15. I'm a little over 600 miles right now after a week and a half of treating it like my only child. Any tips or tricks for the remainder of the break-in period would be awesome.

Glad to be a part of the Camaro5 family and hope to see some relatives on the road. "Bow-tie till I die."

-Marky Mark
Welcome and Congratulations on your new Camaro.

Please don't waste another second on the thought of "it's only a V6". You made a key statement: "it's the best I could afford."

Regardless which type vehicle you drive, there will ALWAYS be someone who owns something a little faster, more expensive, etc. You're young. Live within your means. You'll be a lot happier and more wise, in the long run.

In reference to the break-in period:

You should NOT go above 4k rpm for the first 1,500 miles of the engine break-in period.

See page 9-19 of your 2014 Owners Manual or the attached Word doc. for more info on new car / engine break-in.

Enjoy your 2LT RS and be proud to own such an awesome Camaro others can only dream about!
Attached Files
File Type: doc attachment.doc (255.5 KB, 131 views)
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote