View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #213
creektrack

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Not yet, but I'm confident that I can do it. It won't be hard to start over a couple times if I do mess up, 2000 grit is pretty gentle. Only the bottom of the large needles are painted and the bottom and top of the smaller needles.
My "special" paint was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it wasn't, so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow and I can finish that up after work.

'sides, you have it easy. Your needles only have the tip painted but mine are lit all the way through the center cap. :P
For your center ring that is red no matter what, maybe try scraping it off from the back side of the gauge face....that's how you convert older vehicles to leds, you just scrape off the nasty green film and then it becomes whatever color you put behind it, and there should be 2 leds for the smaller inner rings...

Also, painting the needles are easy, use a fine brush or q-tip, and you don't need sandpaper, you can scrape the paint of with a razor blade, then use an led flashlight to make sure its all off, and also once you put the new paint on, which may take a couple coats, use the led flashlight to make sure there are no voids in the paint...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote