Thread: Pontiac G8 Info
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Yeah, same with many in WA, which is just across the line from me.
It's because of exchange rates and fees. When they take their few hundred or whatever $C in, they will not get as good a rate as you see posted online plus the bank will charge them a fee.
There are always 2 rates. One to buy, one to sell. The banks make money either way. The exchange rate you see on online sites is usually in the middle of the buy/sell rate and is usually the rate for a million dollar exchange or plus.
Depends on the merchant though. Some will take the loss of a few percent just to get the business. Some don't care.

Also I just read a new prediction today that with high oil prices supporting our currency it will go up to $1.10 by the end of next year.
Look's very unlikely now that our dollar will ever go back to 85 cents in the forseeable fututre.

How will GM explain to Canadians that a Camaro, built in Canada, costs $7K more than the US when our dollar is worth %10 more?

I can't wait to hear this one!
well put bro... i sure cant wait to hear about this one too.... if the difference is 7k for the Camaro... im going south... save myself some coin...because to be honest if i buy this car..... i aint selling it ..... like ever till i die.... so i dont care about resale value.

But I sure would hope that we could just buy here in Canada and save the hassle work... and make the car buying experience actually pleasurable.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote