View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Put 1000 miles on baby this weekend :)

Alright ,last weekend was my Silver State race.So here are some pics of the event,and the video of the race.But first things first,i really got to let baby stretch her legs this weekend,as im sure most know we are speed limited to 155 mph.On 3 different attempts with in 10 miles,(this was not done with SSCC i would of been DQ) i hit the limiter,and as the DIC shows speed limited to 155 mph the car actually will run at 158 mph according to the round speedometer.

For those who actually want to see the whole 90 miles, i have posted the whole race,unfortunately some of the clarity was lost from my GoPro to u tube.In my video on the computer you can see the speed for the whole race,but not so much with the u tube video. At the start i get right up to 140 mph,and hold 137 to 140 mph for the first 10 min. I need to average 125 mph for the whole race so i spend most of the time at 136 mph.

At 3 min in part #4 i see my race flash before my eyes,and just realized i lost.This is a timed event and i need to cross the finish line at 43.20,impossible to do without a stopwatch.Im not sure what happened but my stopwatch was stuck on 30.14,this happened just before entering the narrows,the most intense part of the course.I went through here last year in my 2011 1LT RS at 120 mph,in my 1LE i was at 139 mph,these cars are something else!!!!!!!!! The grey camaro you see me catch is a friend,and i shouldn't of caught him,but he was slow and i was fast,so i figured i would pull up next to him,and say hi

So at this point i figured since i knew he had a navigator,and GPS i would just try and stay 30 seconds behind him,and to my shock i finished 5th.

Ok, to explain the pics, the 1st is where we gather at the high school for the parade of all the race cars. Now the second pic, im still laughing at,as we all know prostitution is legal in Nevada,While looking for some shade to detail the car real quick for the car show,this is the 1st shade i saw, and pulled over,not knowing where i was,that is a whore house right in front,and the other two are at my 9 o'clock,so i ended up detailing my car in front of whore houses......so funny! 3rd,4th,and 5th are at the car show.6th, 7th,and 8th are at the start line. The last one is i think a cool pic,i took this one on hwy 318.I had cruise control on for the 1st time ever.This is the hwy we race on,and if we get a ticket on it WE DONT GET TO RACE,so i just kept it at 72 mph for the entire 90 miles,and averaged 32.9 mpg,yes that is correct.

In part #5 at 2:42 is the finish line.

I know im forgetting some stuff,but im sure i will remember later.

Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote