View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Looking to tighten up my 2010 2SS/RS (LS3) a little bit to help with handling these fun Colorado mountain roads. It's my daily driver, but I also like to have fun with it on the weekends or during the commute (no racing, just aggressive mtn driving). It's basically stock, so I'd like to fix that. I don't want to lower the car because I need to get over the curb to get into the garage, and I just don't like the look of a lowered Camaro (nothing against those that do, it's just not my cup of tea).

That being said, I'd like to tighten things up a bit without completely replacing everything or trading it in on a 1LE. So far I'm looking at sway bars and possibly a front strut tower brace, but not sure which ones or what else to look at (trailing arms?). If a "decent" set-up is $500, but an awesome one is only a couple hundred more, I would lean towards the awesome one, but still keeping a comfortable drive since it's my daily.

I've seen some great reviews on the Eibach sway bars, so I might just go with those to start. But when it comes to tower braces, there are just so many different ones out there (brands, 2pt vs 4pt, sizes, etc) I have no idea what would work best (or if it's really necessary).

What would be your suggestions (parts, brands, etc)?

If you guys can at least point me towards the right threads (if they're out there), it would be helpful. Thx.
You don't really need to spend a whole load of money to make these cars a whole lot more fun to drive! Our first part suggestion would be taking a look at the sway bars on the car. Our sport sways designed for the 2010 have been a great upgrade for several years on these cars. If you're spending most of your time on the Colorado back roads these are a great first mod, that's inexpensive to buy and doesn't require an alignment afterwards!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote