View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #26
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
If you don't want to pay for the RS lights from the factory, you have several options. Mostly it depends on how much you're willing to pay versus how much you're willing to work for the look...
A) RS from factory - most expensive, no work req'd.
B) aftermarket or refurb'd OEM lights - can come close to the package price, but won't require much more work than dropping the bumper and swapping. Ofer at gen5diy.com is highly recommended for this.
C) retrofit hids/halos (what I did) - this will be by far the most work, but also by far (potentially, depending how crazy you get with it) the cheapest way to go, and you can do whatever you want with your lights, like multicolor or double halos, etc. I bought a nice kit from theretrofitsource.com (highly recommend them, awesome guys) for the hids, and AAC (I'm currently pissed at them about a warranty replacement on backorder for several months) for the halos, and I'm sure I spent less than one refurb'd OEM light. The money saved equated to a lot of time spent figuring out what I was doing and how tho...and then I went further with it and made it a whole project, lol...

So, there's a quick rundown on headlights for ya

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote