View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Oh man, that sucks!! sorry to hear this. What exactly let go? Hard parts? Clutches, converter? Did the not have the converter seated fully? That will f things up.
Not sure what let go they will be taking it apart today, as for the converter i am sure that was seated correct the car was on the street for a week before bringing it back for some final tuning and pulley swap that's when the tranny let go. Yours is still hanging in there, good for you says alot about Ted's tunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Why not go ahead and do a built 4l80e and be done with it? Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I always try and be optimistic, so if something breaks its just a good excuse to get better parts.
Yea i was planning on a tranny rebuild anyway just came sooner that i wanted. The 4l80e is one option need to do more research on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Circle D say that the stock tranny will start to strain when you get to 440 or above to the back wheels. They have rebuilds that will guarantee to hold 600 to the back wheels.
600 to the wheels is not enough i am closer to 700, i hear alot of the tranny guys say that the 6l80 will not hold for long after 600 to the wheels no matter what you do to it, wondering if that's true.